How to find us
Hours and prices
About our trees
Wholesale trees by truckload
Trees need water
Trees in our world
Spirit of Christmas
While driving in Treeland, please ...
- Watch for and follow direction signs
- Park on the right side of the road only
- Keep all four wheels of your vehicle on the gravel - soft shoulders!
While walking in Treeland, please ...
- Watch and observe where you walk and step, since fields are in essentially their natural state
- Watch for stumps, rocks, clumps of grass, blackberry vines, or weeds
- Watch for barbed wire fences
Visit the animals while you're at Thorntons' Treeland.
Home > At Treeland
Enjoy an old-fashioned hayride around the farm. Hayrides run daily from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
xplore the tree farm and select and cut a beautiful Christmas tree. While you're here, visit the barn, see the animals and enjoy a hayride.
How does it work?
There is no special order in which to enjoy all the activities at Thorntons' Treeland, but in the course of their visit, most families take them all in.
Visit the old barn with a life-size, life-like Nativity and free coffee and hot chocolate.
Also in the barn you'll find crafts, wreaths, tree stands and many other tree accessories.
See the many animals in the areas around the barn. From the barn you can also take a free hay ride.
At Thorntons' Treeland
When you arrive at Thorntons' Treeland you can either park your car at designated parking areas and walk among the trees, or you can drive down the roads that will take you to different parts of the tree farm. Along the roads there are also designated parking areas.
If you are looking for a particular kind of tree, watch for the signs that show where the sections are for
Douglas Fir, Noble Fir,
Fraser Fir and Nordmann Fir.
- A saw to use in cutting the tree. Be sure to replace the saw at one of the racks you'll find along the roads.
- Coffee and hot chocolate to warm you up back at the barn
Note: No axes or power saws are allowed in the field. Only adults may carry or use our saws.
White price tags
We have a wide variety of trees available while maintaining trees for future years. So, only choose from among trees that have white price tags!
Each tag shows the species of the tree and the price.
Cutting your tree
When you've found the perfect tree, carefully saw it as close to the ground as possible. This will give you plenty of space for the tree stand as well as allow for the best planting of new trees for future years.
The lower limbs have been removed from the stem for placement in the Christmas tree stand.
If you need help cutting your tree, inquire at the old barn.
Bringing in your tree
The next step is to carry or drive the tree to the barn where our friendly helpers will assist you. Do not drag a tree - this will rub needles off the tree and get mud on it.
Shaking and baling
Shaking: (free of charge) The shaking machine removes loose and dead needles as well as other debris such as birds' nests from your tree. It's also fun to watch!
Baling: The baler will wrap the tree securely in netting, making it easier to load, transport, and set up. There is a small charge for this popular service.
Visit the old barn
Visit the old barn to warm yourself by the fire, visit with friends, and enjoy Christmas music. See the life-size, lifelike Nativity Scene. See the animals. Wreaths and other tree accessories are also available, as well as free coffee and hot chocolate and treats for the kids.
Taking your tree home
Once you pay for the tree at the old barn, our friendly staff will help in loading your tree and securing it if assistance is needed.
Hints for a great day
- Bring a piece of cardboard or knee cushion for gardening (useful in getting down on the ground to cut the tree)
- Bring gloves
- Don't feel rushed, so you can enjoy the day!
- Allow time for an old fashioned hay ride — This will also give you an idea of how the tree farm is laid out before you begin to look for your tree.
- See the animals and take in the old barn, and just plain enjoy the activities and the people at Thorntons' Treeland
7617 N.E. 119th Street, Vancouver, Washington 98662
360-573-TREE (573-8733) ©Copyright Thorntons' Treeland.